Δευτέρα 20 Ιουνίου 2016

MICHEL DT

From 1970 to 1997, I stayed a figurative artist in different mediums : oil painting, commercial art, cartooning, pastel, inks, mixed media, etc.  But never watercolor painting.
Therefore, during this period, I have several personal and collective exhibitions to my name.

Around 1996/97, with the arrival of computers, and during a period of about twelve « subsistence » years, I dedicated myself mainly to infographics !

So for 12 ou 13 years until 2007/2008 I didn’t draw !

This statement is at once real and inaccurate…  Absurd ?  Contradictory ?  No.
I piled up, here and there, some 500 to 700 sketches and attempts drawn spontaneously using a ballpoint pen, a fell-tip marker, a pencil on various pieces of paper : white, lined, checkered, etc.

2001 Ixelles Museum : I discover Zao Wou-ki.  And then something clicks into place !
From 2002 to 2009 : I visit many exhibitions of abstract and contemporary painters.
2009 Villers-St-Ghislain (Mons) : watercolor courses are organized.

This will be the starting point of a «come back» I no longer hoped for… And a daring move towards abstract watercolors.

Late 2008 and 2009, my beginnings as a watercolor painter weren’t easy, yet after 6 or 7 months of practice my doubts became certainties.


Nevertheless, to reach a objective doesn’t exclude an occasional and constructive re-assessment !


Untitled, watercolor

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου