Πέμπτη 23 Ιουνίου 2016

WEI XIN LIN

1979   Born in Taipei, Taiwan
2000   Enrolled into Department of Fine Art, National Taiwan Normal University
2001   Asia Pacific Watercolor Society group exhibit
2003   "The Lonesomest Youth of the Entire Century" collection of the National History Museum in Taiwan
2004   "Song of the Nest" collection of the National History of Museum in Taiwan
2004    Judges' list award, The 57th Taiwan Provincial Art Exhibition, Watercolor category
2005    Quality award, The 58th Taiwan Provincial Art Exhibition, Watercolor category
2005    Founded Acorn Studio, a teaching studio
2005    Taipei County Artists' Exhibition
2008    Taiwan Contemporary Watercolor Exhibition
2013    IWS Turkey World Watercolor Competition, youth category  top ten
2015    Chinese Asia-Pacific Watercolor Association Youth Exhibition
2015    Published works invited to The Art of Watercolour, Section 19
2015    Participate in Taiwan International Contemporary Artists Association Art Fair
2015    Watercolor Salon of Thessalonikii, Greece.
2015    Finalists Large Size, International Watercolor Exhibition, Mexico City 2016
2016    finalists the United States LWS Louisiana Watercolor Society 46th Exhibition
2016    Finalist in Bulgaria IWS First International Watercolor Competition
2016    Finalists Canada IWS First International Watercolor Competition
2016    Employed as director of Shaanxi Institute of Contemporary watercolor pastels

Training and Creation

I want to write a poem and a story with watercolor

I have always been interested in art since I was little. Even though I started painting at various studios from the time I was ten, I have never attended any special arts programs in high school where formal academic art education is offered. This made my path relatively difficult, since in Taiwan, academic performance is important in early stages of schooling; but it has also allowed me to paint in ways different than most of my academically trained peers. I have learned mostly from studying and copying masterpieces I saw in art books published abroad. My formal academic art education started in the Department of Fine Art at Taiwan Normal University. My first watercolor teacher, Professor Jin-Long Huang, helped me to establish a strong foundation in watercolor which allowed me to specialize in watercolor painting. Since then, I am very fortunate to study with many great teachers: Hsieh Ming-Chang taught me about the strategic use of "light" in planning a composition; Chien Chung-Wei taught me to think in terms of shapes and brush strokes; Jin Li taught me the mastery of "wetness and dryness," an intriguing moment  of  mystery and pleasure in watercolor painting. I am so grateful for these four teachers in my early watercolor career. Now that I am a professional artist and teacher myself, it is my hope to pass on the beauty of watercolor painting to future generations.

My watercolor works are different from most watercolor works in history. Further to composition and color, I hope to instill surrealistic fantasy in my works.  In other words, I want to write a poem and a story in watercolor.

Painting is not my interest, it is a piece of drift wood I am holding onto in this world of boundless ocean.



Quietly by your side,  watercolor



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου