Παρασκευή 17 Ιουνίου 2016

ELAINE DAILY-BIRNBAUM AWS, NWS

Elaine Daily-Birnbaum is a watercolor artist who creates abstract paintings composed of mixed watermedia on paper or canvas. A member of the National and American Watercolor Society, and a juror for the annual NWS exhibition, Elaine’s watercolor work has won countless awards all over the country. Aside from these beautiful works, it was her lack of formal art training that drew me in further. Although she has studied with many artists in the field, it is her self-educated process that allows her to abandon all rules and methods regarding the painting process.

Elaine’s artistic process begins with applying watercolor and other mediums; acrylic, ink, or crayon on paper without any pre-conceived image. The steps that follow come from what she sees happening on the surface. She layers, blends, and texturizes the color she adds to her work.

She loves texture and generating a sense of mystery in her works. She believes this is easily accomplished by using water-based pigments that allow layering, as well as scrubbing and scratching into. Elaine uses any water-based pigment to achieve the appearance she is looking for but tends to use watercolor the most.

“I am certainly not a purist! I’ll even add a piece of collage if I think it is needed to convey the intent of the piece” says Elaine about her paintings.

Elaine never has a specific concept at the onset of her work, but rather, allows the concept to evolve during the process of painting. Each brushstroke changes some aspect of the relationship in the artwork and each is a reaction to the existing relationships. This is why she considers herself almost a medium in the triad; the paper, the paint, and her. They all react to each other. In order to prevent overthinking and overanalyzing the work, she listens to books on tape as she paints.

“This keeps my left brain engaged and my right brain free to creatively tune in and react
to what’s happening between the paint and the paper. Only later do I allow my left brain to
come in and logically view my work in terms of composition and elements of design”

Elaine Daily-Birnbaum



Bridge over troubled waters, watercolor

41 σχόλια:

  1. Great post! I am see the great contents and step by step read really nice information.I am gather this concepts and more information. It's helpful for me my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have.
    AWS Training in Chennai

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. This information is impressive. I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic. Eagerly waiting for your new blog keep doing more.
    Ethical Hacking Training in Bangalore
    Ethical Hacking Course in Bangalore
    Hacking Course in Bangalore

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Amazing Post . Thanks for sharing. Your style of writing is very unique. Pls keep on updating.

    Article submission sites
    Guest posting sites

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. This is the exact information I am been searching for, Thanks for sharing the required infos with the clear update and required points. To appreciate this I like to share some useful information regarding Microsoft Azure which is latest and newest,

    Regards,
    Ramya

    Azure Training in Chennai
    Azure Training Center in Chennai
    Best Azure Training in Chennai
    Azure Devops Training in Chenna
    Azure Training Institute in Chennai
    Azure Training in Chennai OMR
    Azure Training in Chennai Velachery
    Azure Online Training
    Azure Training in Credo Systemz
    DevOps Training in Credo Systemz

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Nice Blog, When i was read this blog i learnt new things & its truly have well stuff related to developing technology, Thank you for sharing this blog.
    Microsoft Azure Training in Chennai | Azure Training in Chennai

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Appreciation for really being thoughtful and also for deciding on certain marvelous guides most people really want to be aware of....
    Data science training chennai | data science course chennai

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it; you are a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back someday. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts.UiPath Training in Bangalore


    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. I am happy for sharing on this blog its awesome blog I really impressed. thanks for sharing.

    Upgrade your career Learn Mulesoft Training in Bangalore from industry experts get Complete hands-on Training, Interview preparation, and Job Assistance at Softgen Infotech.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  9. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.
    data science training in vijayawada

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  10. Excellent! I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.Thanks for Sharing This Article.It is very so much valuable content. I hope these Commenting lists will help to my website
    Software Testing Training in Chennai

    Software Testing Training in Velachery

    Software Testing Training in Tambaram

    Software Testing Training in Porur

    Software Testing Training in Omr

    Software Testing Training in Annanagar

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή